Thursday, August 02, 2012

Cards

Well, my friend Marg and I played with Dylusions all afternoon! I love being at her house because she has so many stamps I don't have (how is that possible!! This is how I know I still don't have have everything!) We played with the "Ghosting technique" - very cool! Spray your Dylusions onto your paper and blot. Then choose a stencil to lay on top, spray with water, remove stencil and let sit 15 sec or so, then blot. You can't really see the results on either of my cards, because it's a bit covered up.

This was my first card - I liked the little houses stencil Marg had, but then I screwed it all up with my muddy colors...

so I traced the shape of the houses through the stencil...still didn't like it, but then it said "Halloween" to me!
Marg had a cute little witch on a broom with her cat watching the moon stamp, so I used that, painted the image and cut it out, and popped it up. When I got home I added the ghosts. So now I think it is passable! I love taking something I hate and making it something I like!

Here is my second card - I used some of Marg's Stamper's Anonymous stencils (I love these)

 I liked this card right away - more my style! But you still can't see the ghosting! I'll have to try that technique again. All the stamps and stencils here are Marg's!



No comments: