Tuesday, August 16, 2005


This is the view from my front window, looking out to my porch and beyond to the road. I have a split rail fence that you can see a bit of. This was a big undertaking for me, and I'm happy with it! Played with a lot of dark colors for black-but still haven't achieved a nice black black. In the small spot where I needed it I used my marker. I used Danny's advice, and started drawing what was closest to me, the chair, then went out from there. It worked well! I think if I had done this before reading Danny's advice I would have started in the background. Don't know how to get the window to look like a window. Didn't wan't to do the 3 white lines thing. And it is very clean!

4 comments:

Laureline said...

This looks wonderful! You've got a really solid composition and you've captured the scene so well that I want to be there, looking out that window! Well done!

Carolyn A. Pappas said...

I think the window looks like a window. You can tell that this was drawn from life instead of from a photo--it has a lifelike quality to it. Good work!

Cin said...

wonderfully composed, the tree leaves especially are beautifully done and love that you included the cat!

Ramesh Gandhi said...

This is very charming. I like to draw comfortable chairs myself, they look so alluring. I like the cat,too, and the greenness of the garden. Very nice.